Thursday, January 5, 2017

The Marital Bed


Dear hearts; often I’m reminded from those who think whatever they do in their marital bed is holy and they quote that Scripture to me.  What we need to understand is that it’s the marriage institution itself that is holy and undefiled. It’s not saying that the husband and wife is holy and undefiled. It’s the marriage institution.  When a man and woman is married and they are intimate sexually, due to the marriage institution, it is not a sin because they are not committing fornication. Now, the man and/or woman themselves can commit sin because of being unholy. They may have lust and other spirits living in their mind, will, emotions and body.  And these spirits will suggest to them to do perverse and unholy things even in their marital bed. 

When I was a young girl, there was a married woman at work who would come to work every day with hickies all over her face, neck and arms.  She was proud of them.  I use to wonder to myself why she had all those hickies. This woman NEVER spoke to me; but one day, she walked up to me and said, “You’re wondering why I have all these hickies.”  I then said yes.  She then said to me, “I’ll tell you if you promise not to tell nobody.”  Of course, I was young girl and not devoted to Christ Jesus and said I promise. She then told me that she and her husband missed having sex together about two or three days last year and were trying to break their record this year in not missing a single day of having sex. She then walked away and again did not speak to me.  Well, I had to tell somebody so I went to another girl and told her, “If I share something with you, you must promise me that you will not tell nobody.”  And of course, she agreed.  About two weeks later, the woman walked up to me with a puzzled look on her face. She asked to speak to me and I agreed.  She then asked me if it was true that I told the other girl about her hickies.  I confirmed to her that it was me.  I thought she was about to curse me out for telling since I promised not to; but instead, she asked, “How did you know?  My husband and I are the only two people who knew this.”  I then looked on her with a puzzled look and told her, “You did.”  She looked at me strange and puzzled and then walked away.  

I found out MANY years later after submitting my life to Christ Jesus that it was a demon spirit who manifested through her in telling me their dirty secret in their marital bed. I’m sharing this story with you because it shows even though the marriage institution is holy and undefiled, it doesn’t make the husband and wife holy and undefiled. Demons, as well as the Holy Spirit, can be in one’s marital bed. Selah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment